Lead

Aug 28 09 11:57 PM

Tags : :

A nice sweet bread, similar to a muffin or cake, much like banana bread, or carrot cake.  I often use all three, carrot, zucchini &  banana,  in one bread.  Moist, you eat plain or buttered.
You can add nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips, whatever you like.  Some people add grated orange peel
Zucchini's are now in season and I have 3 large ones, that will probably make a dozen loaves, but I am stuffing one with rice, textured tofu, and spices and serving it  for dinner tomorrow.
Trying this recipe tonight. UPDATE:  THIS recipe sucked.  So sorry if anyone used it. 
 Scroll down to the second one instead. 

Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini, grated
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350ºF.

Sift flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon onto waxed paper.

Combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed. Add the flour mixture from the waxed paper. Mix until smooth. Add raisins and nuts and mix. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2" pan or loaf pan.

Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly touched with your fingertip or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pan on wire rack.

Cut and serve.

This recipe can also be baked as loaves in traditional loaf pans. Use one large or 2 smaller loaf pans. You may have to bake the zucchini bread up to 10 minutes longer as the loaf pan is deeper. Check with a toothpick to make sure it is done.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 31 09 6:54 PM

Thank you for that recipe, Deb. I love zucchini, eat them almost every day, even have them in the garden this year. I'm definitely going to make that bread. I like the idea of using carrots.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 12 09 9:17 AM

Wow, I just saw the replies now. I hope your loaves turned out ok. I found it not as good as my old recipe, which is a recipe for banana bread, adding a cup of zucchini to it.
I tried a really good recipe that calls for a can of crushed pineapple and zucchini, it is really good. If anyone wants it, I can post it.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 13 09 1:34 AM

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

Ingredients

3 eggs
1 3/4 cup salad oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
10 oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped nuts
Method

Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix ingredients together well.
Pour into 2 bread pans.
Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 13 09 12:03 PM

Thanks Deb,
All i have to do now is buy the ingredients, plus two bread pans.
I can foresee three problems.

One: The pinapple wont make it into the recipe. ( I'll eat it before it get's there.) image

Two: How can i tell if it's ready, or if it needs extra time?

Three: Do i use plain flour or self raising flour?

Last Edited By: beppy Jan 18 10 1:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 17 10 10:49 AM

Buy pineapple to eat and a can of crushed pineapple for the loaf.
60 minutes will be enough time.
I used all purpose flour, and I have in the past used cake flour.
So I know those types will be ok.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help